Ontario Amateur Wrestling Association Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 20:08:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We are back and updated.  We still hope to improve on this Forum for your enjoyment. We have created another Board for comments, suggestions, etc. on this Forum and to report any errors encountered.
37346 Posts in 2815 Topics by 1969 Members
Latest Member: zarathustra
* Home Help Login Register
+  Ontario Amateur Wrestling Association Forum
|-+  Forum Issues, Suggestions and Improvements
| |-+  Forum News
| | |-+  Viewing Categories
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Viewing Categories  (Read 30073 times)
Damidget12

« on: October 27, 2013, 22:52:44 pm »

When I go into view specific categories the links all come up as question marks. Such as reply and quote.
even right now the whole bottom row of options directly above this box is all question marks.

Any idea what is going on here??
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 00:20:23 am »

What version of Browser are you using? I am able to view with no problems using the latest versions of I.E, Firefox or Google Chrome.

The only possible explanation I have is that in September (it may have been after your last posts in September) the forum URL changed. Possibly your browser is supplying "cached" information that does not match with what is there.  Have you tried clearing your Cache (History of web pages). You would only have to clear the old URL's.

If things are starting to look up for you, then it is very likely you are about to be pinned.

Yours in Wrestling,

Ray
Damidget12

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 13:45:11 pm »

I use Safari but it still happens in a browser from Firefox
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 01:40:20 am »

I have looked throughout the site and I can not find any errors.  Have you been able to try and access the site via another computer?  Additionally what is the actual url you are using for the site, I am curious if it is the old or the new, or do you just access the site via the main web page for the OAWA?

If things are starting to look up for you, then it is very likely you are about to be pinned.

Yours in Wrestling,

Ray
Damidget12

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 07:52:22 am »

I have gone through both, and now that I have done a little messing around it is only when I go into the Amateur wrestling section
Damidget12

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 07:53:43 am »

Correction Amateur, Alberta and BC categories only, everything else is fine.
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 00:55:47 am »

I still cannot find any problems at my end as all appears to be working.  In review I did note that a number of Boards have not been posted to for at least two years (exception B.C.), in that regard I deleted those boards as as they are no longer needed.  Maybe that will clean things up on your end as well.  As for B.C. there were two post this past spring by yourself and one other, neither post generated any discussion as they were just questions.

Yours in Wrestling,

Ray
A_Coach

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 20:57:25 pm »

I have the same problem and I also use Safari.
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 01:24:00 am »

Safari is one of the few browsers that I do not use,  There are now two or you that use Safari and are having the same problem.  Thank you for letting me know about the "page not found", that was the message you would have gotten.

Are there any areas of the main web site, oawa.ca where this is happening?  I ask because I have nothing to do with the main web site, only this forum.  I suppose it is possible that the problem lies in the main site and it is affecting this forum, they did move the forum from a separate server to the main server in September, which is why there is an address change.

Yours in Wrestling,

Ray
A_Coach

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 04:48:09 am »

Here's an example of what the main message board looks like when I access from Safari:

http://i.imgur.com/FLmeGgy.png?1
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 05:34:51 am »

That helps.

Try this - Go to your own profile page (hopefully you can find the link), look on the left side for Current Theme, see if you can change your theme to the default.  It should already be there but in the move maybe something was changed.

I will refrain from making or looking for changes to the forum as a whole until I hear back.

Yours in Wrestling,

Ray
Lstream

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 06:20:50 am »

Here's an example of what the main message board looks like when I access from Safari:

This is the same problem I have.  On my Mac, iPad, and iPhone, all running Safari.  The iPhone is new, so this web site was not cached.  I also tried Chrome on the iPad and I have the same problem.  On both Chrome and the iPhone, I was sent to the login screen.  I saw the same problem with that screen. 
Lstream

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 06:42:40 am »

Is there any intent to fix this problem?  Viewing the main Board is still broken and terrible. 
Damidget12

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 06:45:58 am »

This is the same problem I have.  On my Mac, iPad, and iPhone, all running Safari.  The iPhone is new, so this web site was not cached.  I also tried Chrome on the iPad and I have the same problem.  On both Chrome and the iPhone, I was sent to the login screen.  I saw the same problem with that screen. 

That is the same thing I am experiencing.
I should of thought of taking a picture makes it easier for them to see what I was trying to explain.
Thanks for posting it
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 02:51:07 am »

That helps.

Try this - Go to your own profile page (hopefully you can find the link), look on the left side for Current Theme, see if you can change your theme to the default.  It should already be there but in the move maybe something was changed.

I will refrain from making or looking for changes to the forum as a whole until I hear back.

This was posted on the 3rd, I have still not heard back from anyone as to whether they tried the above.  It is of no value to change something (possibly making it worse for others) unless all other avenues have been tried.  As it stands everything appears to be working and the problem does seem to manifest itself for users of Safari.

Yours in Wrestling,

Ray
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: